Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hedge Calculator

Some of u who already read my Fxtradepro post, which sometimes I use manual hedge in that account. The manual hedge is not made by me. I use Hedge Calculator by True North. I'm still testing at that time and now already live with it.

Here a brief about The Hedge Calculator by True North.
* The Hedge Calculator is in Ms.Excel format.
* Money Management include in the hedge calculator.
* Data feed import from MetaTrader4 platform automatically.
So u just input your balance, risk and leverage and The hedge calculator will gives the exact number lots to open hedge trade.

The Hedge Calculator have 3 type of hedge strategy.
* 2 pairs Hedge which is stable and safe.
* 3 pairs hedge. A little more aggressive than the 2 pairs hedge.
* 4 pairs hedge which is for long term trade.

I make a forward test since 11 June 2008. In the demo account, the profit is not maximal because sometimes I make mistake. Want to buy and click Sell button so I close it manually in a loss. I think because I use EA all the time for trading. LOL

In that demo account, I try all the 3 strategy. All is profitable if u use it correctly. Like recommended by the author, 2 pairs hedge is the most safe and stable.

Here is my forward test graphics result on demo account since 11 July 2008

You can download detailed statement dated 6 August 2008

This is my live statement graphic using Hedge Calculator since 15 July 2008. I don't use FXtradepro EA anymore and replace it with Hedge Calculator.

You can download my live statement dated 6 August 2008

You can contact Ichimaru, the author at true_north[at]email[dot]com
If u see website, the price is $199 and have additional $25 fee for any payments thru PayPal service.
Ichimaru said there is $25 paypal fee discount if tell him that heard hedge calculator from my blog (duyduyfx).

Digg this

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Duyduy,

have you used the free ea that comes with it? If so, what have your results been with it?

Regards,
Jeff

duyduy said...

Hi Jeff,
The Free EA is contributed by other member, I haven't test it, as I'm pleased with the manual hedge calcultor.

Usually I don't have time to trade manual because of my full work. But trading in hedge is for medium-long term and the DD is minimal also earn from positive swap too.

Anonymous said...

Hello Duduy,

Thanks for sharing this your results with us. As with the latest plunge in some of the currencies last week, are you comfortable to share your latest results? I am curious over the effect of some currenices' unwinding on the open drawdown and final profit.

Thanks.

Regards,
Paul

duyduy said...

Hi Paul. Last week is bad week for trading. I lost in PID and Bogie.

ABout hedge Calculator.
I can't upload my live statement now since I'm in office. I'll upload once I get home.

I have open position since 4 August 2008 using 3 pairs hedge
BUY GBP/USD on 1,9618
BUY EUR/USD on 1,5576
and one more BUY position.
U will be surprise about the floating when u see uploaded detailed statement. I will upload around 21:00 GMT+7

duyduy said...

Hi Paul, U can download my live statement dated 11 August 2008
As u can see there is 3 open position since 4 August. Today floating is -$1.95 and I just open 4 pairs hedge which is in floating minus too.
The most stable is 2 pairs hedge.

Anonymous said...

the statement link below is broken
http://uploads.bizhat.com/file/237238

can we get another link to current statement?

Anonymous said...

Hello Duyduy,
Just wanted to get an update on your use of the TrueNorth Calc. Im looking into it myself.I would appreciate any recent results,of the overall use of this tool.

Thanks TomT

duyduy said...

Hi Anonymous,
I'm no longer use the calculator.

It's profitable but only around 5%/month, so I use other EA

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your response. I sent you an email...